The Essence of Swiftness

Posted by Unknown
Very often these days my schedule and my living circumstances dictate quick meals - there isn't the luxury of long slow cooking any more. Eat, grab bag, run out the door, jump right into things.

Enter this tomato-tuna pasta, which fulfills all the necessary requirements: it's quick, it's tasty, and it's nutritious. I've used it quite frequently in the past; I think I might need to resurrect it again for days when speed is of the essence.

Provided you have everything handy, this comes together in a snap. It would go beautifully with a handful of rocket or arugula or even mixed greens.



QUICK TOMATO-TUNA PASTA

1 quantity spaghetti sauce (I used Marcella Hazan’s Tomato Sauce with Butter and Onion)
1 can tuna (either in water or in oil, I used the one in oil because I like the taste better)
1 quantity pasta of your choice, however many servings you want/need (I used gluten-free pasta, obviously)
Black pepper and parsley flakes to season (optional)
A drizzle pumpkin seed oil (optional, but I had it so I used it)
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Method:
1. Prepare the pasta. Bring a saucepan of water to a rolling boil, salt it till it’s almost sea-salty. Add in a small trickle of olive oil so the pasta doesn’t stick. Put in the pasta and cook till al dente.

2. While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. If your spaghetti sauce and tuna are already at room temperature, you can just mix the two together in the bowl/plate you want to serve the pasta in. If the spaghetti sauce is cold, you might just want to gently warm it up on the stove and add the tuna to it so it’s nicely hot to serve. Season with black pepper and parsley flakes if you want.

3. When pasta is done, drain well and put into bowl with the tomato tuna sauce. Mix together well. Add a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil if you have it or want to. Add cheese if you want to or have it – I didn’t so I made do without, but it still tasted fantastic.

4. Serve immediately.
 

Copyright © 2009 dawnstudiocreations | Design by [blogger merak dua]